To ensure the student’s progress in the class, please make up missed classes. Simply contact the office to inquire which classes are available for make ups. Make up classes are available October – March only. Note: More than 3 absences January – April may result in the student not dancing in the Spring Recital. MKSD does not prorate for absences.
Payment Plans are available. MKSD accepts check or cash only. No credit cards at this time.
MKSD does NOT follow Chesterfield County Public School closings. Our closings will be listed on our Website and Facebook page. We have 1 snow days built into our schedule. No refunds are given due to inclement weather cancellations.
Lost & Found
Please label all dance wear, especially shoes. Check our lost and found in the lobby for missing items. We empty our Lost and Found during winter, spring and summer breaks and donate any unclaimed items to a local charity. We encourage students to leave valuables at home. MKSD is NOT responsible for lost or stolen items.
Parent Open House
MKSD invites parents to come in and enjoy the full experience of your child’s classes. Cameras are welcome. We also use this time to present parents with important information concerning upcoming programs and performances. Seating is limited to 2 chairs per student.
Intentions to withdrawal from a session must be made by the deadline given at registration. Refunds are given less the classes attended and the registration fees. After the deadline, there will not be any refund granted with the exception of business transfer over 60 miles or for medical reasons. (Documentation required)
Promotions / Fundraising
MKSD does not allow outside groups to fund raise or solicit in our studio. All MKSD Company fundraising material and events must be approved by the Directors.
Conduct / Studio Rules
- Do not enter a studio without a teacher.
- No street shoes in studios.
- No food or drink in dance studios. Exception: water bottles with spill free lids.
- No cell phone use during class time.
- Students may not leave the classroom during class without permission.
- Students arriving late to class may be asked to observe.
- No inappropriate language in any form (texting, clothing, or verbal) will be tolerated.
- Intentional damage to property, fellow students or staff shall result in immediate dismissal without refund.
- Parents and students are not to make derogatory comments in person or in written format such as social media, texts, etc. concerning other students or MKSD Staff. This may result in being asked to leave MKSD.
- No bullying from Students or Parents. Bullying may result in being asked to leave MKSD.
- Substance abuse by students of MKSD may result in immediate expulsion without refund.
- Please do not move our lobby furniture.
- Children in the lobby are to be accompanied by an adult. No climbing on furniture, no running, no screaming. Lobby noise shall be kept to a minimum.