To ensure the student’s progress, please make every effort to attend each class. In the event that your child is sick or unable to attend please call or text the office or email us to let us know, including the reason for the absence. (804) 292-5917
Students that become injured at MKSD or elsewhere must notify our staff and provide written doctors note as to the extent of the injury. In the event that an injury will require prolonged healing time (4 or more weeks), the student may need to be removed from choreography, at the discretion of the staff.
In the event that a student sits out of class due to injury, they will be required to observe for the remainder of the dance day, unless immediate medical attention is necessary, and they are picked up by an adult. Frequent occurrence of sitting out may indicate overall health and wellness issues of the dancer and may require removal from the class. We recommend seeking medical attention after sitting out for any injury.
Health & Wellness
Please refrain from bringing your child to dance if they are sick with a contagious illness. MKSD provides hand sanitizer, daily cleaning, and encourages our staff and students to take care of their health.
Dance classes are often competitive, and involve constructive critique from our qualified instructors. In the event that a dancer is struggling with significant emotional or mental health related challenges, please seek professional help and communicate this with MKSD staff. In the event that these challenges are affecting the student’s ability to accept and apply instruction/critique, or their behavior is affecting the culture of the classroom, we may choose to remove the student from the class.
Payment Plans are available. MKSD accepts check or cash only. No credit cards at this time.
LATE PAYMENT POLICY
For monthly and quarterly payments, MKSD requires payment no later than the 10th of the month. On the 11th of the month, if no payment is received, your account will be considered delinquent, and a $15 late fee will be added to the balance. If your account is 30 days delinquent, your child will not be permitted to attend class until the account is resolved.
MKSD does NOT follow Chesterfield County Public School closings. Our closings will be listed on our Website and Facebook page. We have 1 snow days built into our schedule. No refunds are given due to inclement weather cancellations.
Lost & Found
Please label all dance wear, especially shoes. Check our lost and found in the lobby for missing items. We empty our Lost and Found during winter, spring and summer breaks and donate any unclaimed items to a local charity. We encourage students to leave valuables at home. MKSD is NOT responsible for lost or stolen items.
Parent Open House
MKSD invites parents to come in and enjoy the full experience of your child’s classes. Cameras are welcome. We also use this time to present parents with important information concerning upcoming programs and performances. Seating is limited to 2 chairs per student.
Our lobby is equipped with Video monitoring streaming our classes live. We will display this once a month, on the final class of the month. No video or photography of our live stream is permitted.
Intentions to withdrawal from a session must be made by the deadline given at registration. Refunds are given less the classes attended and the registration fees. After the deadline, there will not be any refund granted with the exception of business transfer over 60 miles or for medical reasons. (Documentation required)
Promotions / Fundraising
MKSD does not allow outside groups to fund raise or solicit in our studio. All MKSD Company fundraising material and events must be approved by the Directors.
Conduct / Studio Rules
- Do not enter a studio without a teacher.
- No street shoes in studios.
- No food or drink in dance studios. Exception: water bottles with spill free lids.
- No cell phone use during class time.
- Students may not leave the classroom during class without permission.
- Students arriving late to class may be asked to observe.
- Students not dressed in proper dance dress code may be asked to observe.
- No inappropriate language in any form (texting, clothing, or verbal) will be tolerated.
- Intentional damage to property, fellow students or staff shall result in immediate dismissal without refund.
- Parents and students are not to make derogatory comments in person or in written format such as social media, texts, etc. concerning other students or MKSD Staff. This may result in being asked to leave MKSD.
- No bullying from Students or Parents. Bullying may result in being asked to leave MKSD.
- Children in the lobby are to be accompanied by an adult. No climbing on furniture, no running, no screaming. Lobby noise shall be kept to a minimum.