Our “virtual mission” is to provide quality dance instruction in various styles for aspiring dancers ages 2 – adult. The experienced staff of professional teachers will provide proper training, encouraging students to perform dance steps safely and correctly in the virtual atmosphere.
Tips To Enhance Your Virtual Experience
- DRESS THE PART! – Being “in uniform” will help your teacher to better correct your form. It will also create a sense of etiquette and routine for you.
- SET UP AHEAD OF TIME! – Be sure you have your camera angle arranged to maximize your teacher’s view of you. Bright lighting is recommended as well as limiting background distractions.
- ARRIVE EARLY! – Arrive to class 5 – 10 minutes early to be admitted from the waiting room.
- ENGAGE WITH YOUR TEACHER! – When prompted, chat with your teacher and fellow students. Ask/answer questions, take notes, encourage your peers, and thank your teacher at the end of class.
- PRACTICE! – Be sure to practice your material. Your teachers will love to see that you improved a skill! One way to practice is to show your parents what you learned.
At this time, we are not offering Virtual Classes.
MKSD Faculty will monitor the activity in each virtual class and reinforce the standards of MKSD behavior guidelines. Click here to view our Policies.
- DRESS CODE – MKSD recommends following our Dress Code. You may also wear any style dance or exercise attire for virtual classes.
- SPACE – It is the responsibility of the student, or guardian thereof to ensure the area in which the student is using at home is safe and free of hazards.
- AUDIO/VIDEO – Please do not mute/unmute yourself or video on/off yourself without the teacher’s permission.
- RECORDING – No recording of virtual classes is permitted.
- PHOTOGRAPHY – photography is permitted, however sharing an image on social media is not allowed unless you have blocked out the other dancers in the class.
- ENTRANCE CODES – class ID and passwords are for registered students only.
- TARDY – Students will not be admitted into the class after the first 10 minutes. Please arrive 5 – 10 minutes PRIOR to class start time to be admitted and greet your teacher.
- ABSENCES – No makeup classes are available. In the event that a student is sick or injured, we recommend observing the class. Refunds will not be issued for missing classes.