We are actively monitoring the changing health climate and reserve the right to update, amend, and change these policies as necessary based on changes in CDC guidelines, the Virginia Department of Health, or any other federal, state, or local mandates related to COVID-19. As we receive updated guidance, we will release updates via email.
We expect parents to be the first line of defense in determining whether or not a dancer should attend classes. If a dancer has an elevated temperature (above 100.4F), a persistent cough, sore throat, runny nose, persistent headache, fatigue, or any other signs of respiratory infection, the dancer should stay home. Dancers who exhibit these symptoms may be removed from class if the teacher deems appropriate. If a dancer, or member of a dancer’s household tests positive for COVID, the parent needs to immediately inform MKSD of the situation.
In addition, MKSD has the following COVID procedures in place:
- Face coverings are required to be properly worn by all persons not fully vaccinated over the age of 5 inside the common areas of the facility.
- All dancers wearing face coverings may remove them during classes.
- Spot markers have been spaced on each studio floor to continue encouraging our students to spread out.
- The lobby and common areas will remain at 1/2 capacity (maximum 72) to allow for social distancing. We ask that siblings of dancers do not wait inside the lobby areas for the duration of class time to limit activity in our lobby.
- Hand sanitizer bottles are provided in the lobby and in each classroom. Extra masks, thermometers, and disinfectant wipes will be readily available to all staff and students when needed.
- Water fountains will remain closed, except for use with the hands-free bottle filler feature. Dancers are encouraged to bring a personal water bottle to class.
- Class times have been spaced in our schedule so that ballet bars can be cleaned and sanitized between classes.
- With COVID vaccines becoming more widely available throughout Virginia, MKSD encourages all eligible people to inquire with their preferred medical professionals about getting vaccinated.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (804) 292-5917.