We expect parents to be the first line of defense in determining whether or not a dancer should attend classes. If a dancer has an elevated temperature (above 100.4oF), a persistent cough, sore throat, runny nose, persistent headache, fatigue, or any other signs of respiratory infection, the dancer should stay home. Dancers who exhibit these symptoms may be removed from class if the teacher deems appropriate. If a dancer, or member of a dancer’s household tests positive for COVID, the parent needs to immediately inform MKSD of the situation.
In addition, MKSD has the following COVID procedures in place:
- Face coverings are required to be properly worn by all staff, parents, and dancers over the age of 5 at all times inside the facility, and during class
- Limited class sizes – classes are currently at 1/3 capacity as indicated below:
- Studios 1 and 2 (approximately 1200ft2): 12 students maximum per class
- Studios 3, 4, and 5 (approximately 800ft2): 8 students maximum per class
- Spot markers have been spaced on each studio floor to guide students on how to take class while social distancing
- The lobby and common areas will remain at 1/3 capacity (maximum 38) to allow for social distancing. Parents are encouraged to wait in their cars during class time. For younger dancers, we ask that only one parent/guardian come into the lobby with the dancer at drop-off and pick-up times. Dancers/parents should only enter within 5-10 minutes prior to class. If the lobby area has fewer than 38 persons, and you are able to socially distance, you may wait in the lobby during class to provide assurance to your small child that you are outside the studio door.
- Hand sanitizer bottles are provided in the lobby and in each classroom. Extra masks, thermometers, and disinfectant wipes will be readily available to all staff and students when needed.
- Water fountains will remain closed, except for use with the hands-free bottle filler feature. Dancers are encouraged to bring a personal water bottle to class.
- Class times have been spaced in our schedule so that ballet bars can be cleaned and sanitized between classes.
- With COVID vaccines becoming more widely available throughout Virginia, MKSD encourages all eligible people to inquire with their preferred medical professionals about getting vaccinated.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com or (804) 292-5917.