Conduct / Studio Rules
- We prefer all dance clothing – including masks, to remain free of any text, as it may be distracting during classes.
- No street shoes in studios. Please remove them before stepping into the studio rooms.
- Please silence your cell phones while in the studio for class.
- Please do not wear excessive jewelry to dance class. Stud earrings ok. Other jewelry may be dangerous to yourself or others if it comes loose.
- Parents and students are not to make derogatory comments in person or in written format such as social media, texts, etc. concerning other students or MKSD Staff.
- Children in the lobby are to be accompanied by an adult.
- Please keep our lobby/common areas quiet. Lobby noise is heard by the students in the classroom and can be very distracting.
Students that become injured at MKSD or elsewhere must notify our staff and provide written doctors note as to the extent of the injury. In the event that an injury will require prolonged healing time (4 or more weeks), the student may need to be removed from choreography, at the discretion of the staff.
In the event that a student sits out of class due to injury, they will be required to observe for the remainder of the dance day, unless immediate medical attention is necessary, and they are picked up by an adult. Frequent occurrence of sitting out may indicate overall health and wellness issues of the dancer and may require removal from the class. We recommend seeking medical attention after sitting out for any injury.
Health & Wellness
Please refrain from bringing your child to dance if they are sick with a contagious illness. MKSD provides hand sanitizer, daily cleaning, and encourages our staff and students to take care of their health.
Dance classes are often competitive, and involve constructive critique from our qualified instructors. In the event that a dancer is struggling with significant emotional or mental health related challenges, please seek professional help and communicate this with MKSD staff. In the event that these challenges are affecting the student’s ability to accept and apply instruction/critique, or their behavior is affecting the culture of the classroom, we may choose to remove the student from the class.
MKSD accepts cash, check or venmo payments.
No refunds or credits for class drops. All classes will move to Virtual in the event of a community shut down. No refunds or credits in this case.
MKSD does NOT follow Chesterfield County Public School closings. In the event of a closing, we will notify you via email. We have 1 snow days built into our schedule. No refunds are given due to inclement weather cancellations.
Lost & Found
Please label all dance wear, especially shoes. Check our lost and found in the lobby for missing items. We empty our Lost and Found during winter, spring and summer breaks and donate any unclaimed items to a local charity. We encourage students to leave valuables at home. MKSD is NOT responsible for lost or stolen items.
Viewing windows: photography or video of classes in session is prohibited.
Intentions to withdrawal from a session must be made in writing.
Promotions / Fundraising
MKSD does not allow outside groups to fund raise or solicit in our studio.
To ensure the student’s progress, please make every effort to attend each class. In the event that your child is sick or unable to attend please call or text the office or email us to let us know, including the reason for the absence. (804) 292-5917